Alliance of Therapy Dogs is a national therapy dog registry with 14,000+ members in the US, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Territories and Canada. It is a goal of ATD to provide registration, support, and insurance for members who are involved in volunteer animal assisted activities. These activities include, but are not limited to, visits to hospitals, special needs centers, schools, and nursing homes. Our objective is to form a network of caring individuals who are willing to share their special animals in order to bring happiness and cheer to people, young and old alike. -- ATD Mission Statement
The following items are things you will want to bring with you to your initial test that you have scheduled with the Tester/Observer;
- ATD Member Application
- Release of Claims Form
- Current year ATD Test
- Required for testing - copy of proof of rabies vaccination
- Required for testing- proof of negative fecal exam done within the last 12 months. (signed & dated VETERINARIAN OR CLINIC section on application or written proof)
- 4' or shorter leash and ATD approved collar
- Water for dog (available)
- Bag for clean-up (available)
- Paper towels (available)
The ATD test will be given on Saturday, September 5th between 9:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M. If you would like to take the ATD test at camp please fill out and submit the form below so we can get you on the list of participants.
Please make sure you have all the forms needed to take the test. They are highlighted in blue in the list above and you will need Adobe Reader to download and print them. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed, please download now.